Change your account's domain
Changing the primary domain name on a hosting account lets you change the domain name associated with account's Web root directory.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you already added the domain name you want to use as your primary hosted domain name, you need to remove it first. You might also need to remove any subdomains of your primary domain name before you can change it (Web & Classic / cPanel / Plesk / Managed WordPress).
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, you cannot change your primary hosted domain name without revoking your SSL. For more information, see Revoke a certificate.
- WordPress® installations can break when you change your primary domain. If they do, see the instructions on WordPress's site.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Log in to Gateway using your GoDaddy login.
- Under the account whose domain you want to change, click Settings.
- Select or enter the domain you want to use, and then click Change Domain.