Connect my Websites + Marketing site to a domain registered elsewhere
Connect your site to a domain you already own but that's located with another provider. If your domain is with GoDaddy in a different account, you'll need to transfer that domain into the same account with Websites + Marketing.
Other options include:
- Connect your website to a domain in your GoDaddy account.
- Buy and connect a new domain that you don't own yet.
Note: The cost of hosting your website is separate from the cost of your domain. If you're on a free trial, you'll need to sign up for a paid plan. Compare plans and pricing.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select Settings.
- Next to your domain name, select Manage.
- If asked, select I already own a domain.
- Select Choose a domain or Change my domain.
- Enter your domain and extension without www in front. For example, enter mycoolsite.com not www.mycoolsite.com.
- Select Continue.
- In a new window, we'll show you information specifically for your site. Sign in to your DNS provider or your other GoDaddy account and change your DNS records to the new information. Check with your DNS provider if you need help.
Note: If you have two GoDaddy accounts, one with your site and one with your domain name, transfer the domain name to the account with your site.
- After you've changed your DNS records, return here and select I'm done, continue setup.
- Check the domain name is correct and it's the selected option. Then select Save & Publish or Save. Your changes won't be visible to other people until you publish.
Connecting to your GoDaddy domain usually takes a few minutes but can take up to 72 hours.
- Watch a how-to video about changing your website's address.
- Get started with domains.
- Looking to point your domain to another location? See forward a domain.