Connect to my Linux Hosting account with SSH (Secure Shell)
After you enable SSH (Secure Shell) protocol for your Linux Hosting account, you can connect via SSH using a client. We recommend using PuTTy (Windows), Terminal (Mac), or OpenSSH (Linux).
To connect via SSH, you need this information:
- The IP address for your website, or its domain name.
- Your FTP username (same as your cPanel login name).
- Your FTP password. If you can't remember it here's how to reset that password.
Got all that info? Let's get started!
- Launch the SSH client.
- Enter the following information:
Field What to enter... Host Your domain name or IP address Username Your FTP username Password Your FTP password Port 22
- After entering the necessary information in the SSH client, you'll be able to establish a connection to your hosting account.
Note: The SSH client you use will determine the exact steps for connecting to your shared hosting account.
Note: We provide information about how to use certain third-party products, we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for their functions or the reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.