Connect Your Domain to SmugMug
You can establish a more professional identity for your SmugMug site by connecting it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your SmugMug URL to view your site, visitors can enter your unique domain name to view your customized photos and galleries.
To Connect Your Domain to SmugMug
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- On your product list next to Domains, click the (Plus sign button) to expand the list:
- Next to the domain you want to manage, under the Action section, click on the Manage DNS button:
- In the Records section, locate your CNAME records under the Type column.
- Next to the CNAME record with the Name "www," click the (pencil icon).
- In the Points to field, type domains.smugmug.com.
- Click Save.
- Scroll down to the Forwarding section, and next to Domain, click Add.
- Enter your domain in the following format: www.yourdomainname.com. (For example, if you own coolexample.com, you would enter: www.coolexample.com.)
- Under Forward Type, select either Permanent (301) or Temporary (302).
- Under Settings, select Forward Only.
- Check the box for Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change.
- Click Save.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain name's settings to propagate.
As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by SmugMug.