Create a Checkout Add-on
WooCommerce Checkout Add-Ons lets you add fields to the checkout page, which can be used to gather information from your customers, upsell services and products, and much more. Follow these steps to create a Checkout Add-On:
Required: WooCommerce Checkout Add-Ons is a premium WooCommerce extension included with WordPress Ecommerce Hosting or as a standalone purchase.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce > Checkout Add-ons.
- Select Add add-on.
- On the General tab, modify the following fields:
- Enabled: Add-ons are enabled by default, but can be disabled if you want to temporarily remove them without completely deleting them from your site.
- Checkout Label: (Optional). Customer-facing label for this add-on. If left blank, the add-on Title will be used.
- Description: (Optional). Customer-facing field where you can provide additional context about the add-on. Supports limited HTML.
- Add-on Type: Choose the add-on field type.
- Default value: (Optional). The value that should be prepopulated for the field on the checkout page. This is only available for Text and Text Area add-on types.
- Price adjustment: (Optional). Determine the fee or discount associated with this add-on, as either a fixed amount or a percentage.
- Taxable?: Determines if tax rates should apply to the add-on. This setting will only appear if taxes are enabled for your store.
- Attributes: (Optional). These settings impact whether the add-on field is required and if/how it should be displayed on the Orders page.
- Cart subtotal: add-on will only appear when the cart subtotal is within the indicated range.
- Product or category in the cart: add-on will only appear when any of the listed products or product categories are in the cart.
- Add-on value: This add-on will appear based on the value of another add-on.