Create a multi-purpose gift certificate template
Follow the steps below to create a multi-purpose gift certificate template:
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce > Gift Certificates > Gift Certificate Templates.
- Click Add Gift Certificate Template.
- On the General tab, enter the Template name, select Multi-purpose (can be redeemed on any product / service) as the Gift Certificate type, whether the gift certificate can be redeemed online, and various formatting preferences.
- On the Images tab, set the background image by choosing one of the default options or by uploading your own image.
- Work through the other gift certificate template's settings to add fields to your template and determine their positioning:
- Product Name
- Product SKU
- Product Price
- Product Quantity
- Gift Certificate Number (required if online redemptions are enabled)
- Expiration Date
- Purchaser Name
- Recipient Name
- Recipient Email
- Click Publish to save your template.
Note:You can add more images to let customers choose their desired background, but they must have the same dimensions as the primary image. Field placements must match between various images, since swapping backgrounds does not reposition the gift certificate's fields. When you create your background images, we recommend using high resolution / 300 DPI (instead of the default 72 DPI), and setting the gift certificate to a corresponding level.