Create coupon codes to offer discounts to customers. Customers who receive the coupon code can apply it during checkout.
Note: Coupons can only be applied to products in your online store, and won't work for appointments or events.
This video is part of the How-To series for Growing your Website Builder Commerce site.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website or online store you want to change.
- Open the Coupons section of your store.
- Website Builder: In the Dashboard menu, select Marketing then Coupons.
- Online Store Premium: In the Dashboard menu, select Promote then Coupons.
- Coupon code: Enter your own code or select Get a code to generate and insert a random series of numbers and letters. You can create up to 500 codes.
- Type: Choose between discounting the total by a fixed amount, discounting the total by a percentage, or giving customers an option for free shipping.
Note: The preconfigured coupon for new email subscribers has limited editable fields.
- Coupons for a fixed amount or a reduced percentage can be applied to certain products or categories. Add or edit product categories.
- Coupons help you set up temporary free or reduced shipping. If you want constant free shipping, then you'll need to add a shipping method.
- Remember to set up taxes for accurate accounting for customers at checkout.
- Customers can only redeem one coupon per order.