Disable comments on a single WordPress post
In WordPress, you can choose to disable comments on an individual post instead of disabling them on the entire site. This option can help if you have one or a few posts that get a high number of inappropriate or spam comments. Just follow the steps below to disable comments on a single post.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the right-side menu, select Posts and then All Posts.
- Find the post for which you want to disable comments.
- If you're on a computer, hover over the post and select Quick Edit.
- If you're on a mobile device, select Quick Edit.
- Clear the checkbox next to Allow Comments.
- Select Update to apply the change.
Comments are now disabled for this post.