Edit my outbound spam filter policy for email forwarding
As a security measure, by default, you can't forward email to external addresses. You'll need to first edit your outbound spam filter policy before you can forward Microsoft 365 email to a different account.
Required: You need admin permissions to change outbound spam filter policies. For more info, see admin roles from Microsoft.
- Sign in to Office 365 Security & Compliance.
- Select the arrow to expand Outbound spam filter policy > Edit policy.
- Select Automatic forwarding > On - Forwarding is enabled.
- Select Save. You can now use forwards with external email addresses.
- Inbox rules from Microsoft