Export my WordPress pages, posts, and media settings
WordPress has built-in functionality that allows you to export your site's pages, posts and media settings from within the WordPress dashboard. This can be helpful when moving your site to another server or when you want to transfer your posts or pages to another site.
Note: This method only exports your WordPress site's data. It doesn't include your plugins, theme, or media files, which must be downloaded separately. If you want to export these items as well, you'll need to connect with an FTP app or File Manager to download the wp-content folder.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Tools and then Export.
- Select the type of content you want to export.
- All content exports all your posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus, and custom posts.
- Posts exports all your posts. You can select additional options like categories, authors, start date, end date, and status in the corresponding boxes to export only specific posts.
- Pages exports all your pages. You can select additional options like authors, start date, end date, and status in the corresponding boxes to export only specific pages.
- Media exports all your database settings for media. You can select additional options start and end date in the corresponding boxes to export settings only for specific media.
- Select Download Export File.
A file with the previously selected content type is downloaded to your local computer.