Import a MySQL database in cPanel
If you have a backup of your site's database in .sql or .sql.gz file format, you can import it to your site in cPanel using the Backup Wizard tool.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting. Then, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, select Manage.
- In the hosting account Dashboard, select cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel home page, in the Files section, select Backup Wizard.
- Select Restore.
- Select MySQL Databases.
- Select Choose File.
- On your local computer, find and select the file you want to import.
- Select Upload. It might take several minutes for the import to complete.
You’ll see a success message confirming your database is imported.