Importing Data into a SQL Server Database
You can import data from a delimited file into your shared hosting account's SQL Server database. If the data you want to import resides in a database elsewhere, you must first export its contents into a delimited file.
Prior to importing data into your shared hosting account, you must set up a SQL Server database, along with the necessary tables and fields, to house the data. For more information, see Setting up a SQL Server Database on Your Hosting Account.
To Import Data Into a SQL Server Database
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Databases section of the Hosting Control Panel, click the SQL Server icon.
- Next to the database to which you are importing, click the Admin Tool icon.
- Enter the User Name and Password you used when setting up the database.
- In the Navigation panel, expand the Connection folder.
- Click Connect.
- Expand the Tools folder on the left and click CSV File Import.
- From the Database drop-down menu, choose the database in which to import your data, and then click Next Step.
- From the Table drop-down list, select the table into which the data will be imported, and then click Next Step.
- Select the database columns into which the data will be imported, and then click Next Step.
- Choose the CSV file to import and specify the file's characteristics.
The max file upload size is 2.5 MB.
- Click Submit.