Install DNN to my Windows Hosting
DNN (formerly DotNetNuke) is an open-source content management system (CMS) that can be used to build your website. Follow the steps below to manually install DNN to your Windows Hosting.
- Download the latest version of DNN. Look for the link to DNN_Platform_x.x.x_Install.zip, and download it to your local computer.
- Create a new MSSQL database and a new database user. In a text editor, write down your database details.
- In your Plesk file manager, select the menu for your domain's root directory, and then select Change Permissions.
- The Directory permissions menu will appear. On the left, select Application pool group. On the right, select the Allow checkboxes for Modify and Write, and then select Save.
- In your file manager, select your domain's root directory to open it .
- While in your root directory, select the menu, select Upload File, and then upload your DNN_Platform_x.x.x_Install.zip file.
- Once uploaded, select the zip file, and then select OK in the pop-up window to extract the file.
- Open a browser, and visit to your site.
- Complete the account information form by entering the following:
- Username: Used to access the DNN CMS.
- Password: Used to access the DNN CMS, along with the username.
- Email: Where you will receive notifications, and where password reset emails are sent.
- Website Name: Your website title.
- Template: Choose a template from the drop-down.
- Language: Select a preferred language.
- In Database Information, select Custom and then enter the following, using the database information you wrote down earlier.
- Database Type: Ensure SQL Server/SQL Server Express Database is selected.
- Server Name: Your database hostname.
- Database Name: The name of the database you created.
- Security: Select User Defined.
- Database Username: The database user you created.
- Database Password: The database password you created.
- Run Database As: Ensure Database Owner is selected.
- Select Continue. Once the Installation Complete! message appears, select Visit Website.
You can access your DNN login page by going to http://[your domain name]/login (for example, http://coolexample.com/login).
- For more information on DNN, visit the DNN Community.