Install the Sucuri Security plugin in WordPress
Install the Sucuri Security plugin to improve your WordPress site's security. After the plugin is installed, you can enable individual security features in just a few clicks.
- Log in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Plugins > Add New.
- Search for "Sucuri Security – Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening".
- Select Install Now.
- Select Activate.
Now that you've installed the plugin, set up these security features:
- Generate an API key to protect Sucuri audit logs
- Make your WordPress version private with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Block PHP files with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Remove the WordPress readme file with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Disable the theme and plugin editor in WordPress with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Back up your WordPress website regularly, so you can restore it to a clean version.
- Return to Improve WordPress security.
- If you don't want to deal with website security yourself, we have a GoDaddy paid website security service that can take care of that for you. The service also includes site cleanup.