Linux Hosting Guided Tour Part 4: Recap and what to do next
Our guided tour is complete! Along the way, you learned about:
- Your Linux Account Dashboard. It's where you perform account-related tasks like adding more domains, viewing your server information, or changing your account passwords.
- Your WordPress Dashboard. It's where you build your website—adding pages, posts and media, changing themes, and more.
- Your cPanel Admin home page. It's where you can fine-tune advanced website settings like PHP settings and options or managing site security.
Here's a list of important tasks to do for a great start:
- Install an SSL certificate: Planning an online store? Then you've got to have a secure website. Here's our path for requesting and installing an SSL certificate.
- Set up website backups: Backing up your site is a great way to protect your content and data if there's a real problem. You can set up backups yourself in cPanel, or let us handle that for you with our Website Backup service.
- Start building your site with WordPress: Check out our list of the basics you need to start building your new WordPress website.
- Move a WordPress website from another host to GoDaddy: If your WordPress website is already built but hosted elsewhere, you can move the whole thing to your account with cPanel.
- Find Help articles when you need them: Here's the home page for Linux Hosting help articles.
Thanks for taking the tour!
This Guided Tour is a brand new experience and we hope it helps you get up to speed with your new Linux Hosting account. We'd love your feedback on the Tour! When you see the popup message, "Was this article helpful?" select Yes (or No, if that's how you really feel) and leave a comment for us in the box. We're really interested in what you thought of the tour and how you think we can make it better. Thanks in advance for the help!
Learn more about your account
- Here's how to get to your account Dashboard.
- Visit our list of the most-visited Help articles for Linux Hosting.
Learn more about WordPress
- Visit the home page for our WordPress Help articles.
- Here's our list of things to start with as you build your WordPress website.
- Haven't installed WordPress yet? Here's how.
- For more info see WordPress 101, our How-To video series on all things WordPress.