Prevent MySQL size limit issues
Your Managed WordPress hosting account has a 1GB storage limit on the MySQL database. When a database exceeds that limit, your included backups will not connect with your database, your site could be slower and some of your site’s database functions may not work correctly. Prevent your database from exceeding this limit by removing any overhead data, abnormal comment spam, deleted posts and post revisions.
- Check your database size in phpMyAdmin.
- Remove overhead data by optimizing the database.
- Remove unwanted comments.
- Prevent future comment spam by modifying your site’s comment settings.
Note: For MySQL size issues, we send an initial notification when we detect the problem, remove grants within two weeks and after 28 total days we delete the database table that is oversized.
- Find out how to manage your MySQL database at phpmyadmin.net.