Reset my primary FTP password in Linux Hosting
Your FTP password (which is also your cPanel login password) lets you upload files to your Linux Hosting account through an FTP client. If you forgot your FTP password, or want to change it from the default, here's how to reset it.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, under Settings, next to your Password click Change.
- Enter a new Password, confirm it, and then click Change Password.
- To change passwords for your non-primary FTP users, see Edit FTP users in my Linux Hosting account.
- You can now log directly in to cPanel by navigating to http://coolexample.com/cpanel, where coolexample.com is your primary domain. You'll need your cPanel login and new password.
- You can use an FTP client (like FileZilla) to connect to your hosting account with this username and password.