Restore my Generation 4 VPS from a backup
You can restore your Generation 4 VPS from a manual or automatic backup at any time.
Required: You need to already have at least one manual (on-demand) or one automatic backup file to restore the server this way.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers.
- Next to the Generation 4 VPS you want to restore, click Manage.
- In the top left corner of the account Dashboard, select Backups.
- In the On Demand or Automatic section, click the three-dot icon for the file you want to restore from, and select Restore.
Note: The On-Demand shows your manual backups (if you have any), and the Automatic section shows automatic backups we've made for you.
- Read the explanation so you can be sure this is what you want. To continue, enter a New Password to use with the restored server. This can be the same password as you're using right now, or a completely new password - it's up to you. Either way, the password must meet the requirements shown.
- Enter the new password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Restore. We'll restore your server using the backup file. This may take a few minutes, and when we're done you'll be in the settings page for the restored server.
- Here's how to manually back up the server anytime.