Set up taxes
Set up how you collect tax payments by country or region for customer purchases. Tax rates usually only need to be set up once, unless you move or have multiple locations you'll be shipping from.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website or store.
- From your Dashboard, go to Settings and select Tax.
- To change from the default (No Tax), click Add to open the Add Tax Rule window.
- Select a Country/Region.
- To match the tax setup of a particular location, under State/Province, choose All States/Provinces which applies a tax rate at the country/region level. Or, choose any state or province to apply a tax rate at the individual state/province level.
- The Display in checkout field will automatically provide a description for customers.
- Tax category options are also provided. Enter a Rate for the location. (You can set a different rate for each location you add.)
- Check the box next to My product prices already include tax for individual tax locations.
- Click Save to apply the location's settings and return to the Taxes page.
Note: To add an additional tax rate, such as one for a country/region and another for a state/province, repeat these steps as needed.