Set up the Local Pickup Plus settings
Step 1 of the Setup Local Pickup Plus series.
Local Pickup Plus allows you to setup a local pickup option for your customers during the checkout. You can configure how it will function for your store by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Local Pickup Plus.
In that page, you will find the following segments:
Here you can enable the local pickup option for your shop and setup the geocoding functionality.
- Enable: Check to enable Local Pickup Plus.
- Title: Set the shipping method name to be displayed to customers during checkout.
- Google Maps Geocoding API Key: Enter the API Key to enable Set up geocoding for Local Pickup Plusgeocoding.
- Enable logging: If geocoding is enabled, check to turn on logging for Google geocoding API requests. For best performance, please leave this disabled unless you need to troubleshoot geocoding issues.
These settings determine when and how customers can select local pickup as a handling option.
- Choosing Locations: Determine whether customers can choose different pickup locations for each eligible item in their cart or if they must choose one pickup location per order. Per-item location selection is useful when certain products aren’t available at every location.
- Cart Item Handling: If Choosing Locations allows one pickup location per order, determine whether customers can choose to ship or pickup eligible items individually or if they must choose one handling method for all eligible items. Choosing one handling method for all items will group items in the fewest number of packages.
- Default Handling: If Choosing Locations allows one pickup location per order, determine whether items should default to shipping or pickup (if eligible).
- Location Sort Order: Determine how pickup locations are sorted for customers:
These settings let you present a calendar/date/time selector to the customer at checkout so they can choose the pickup date and time for the order. Except for the Pickup Appointments Mode, Appointment duration and Lead time calculation settings, you can override these settings for individual Create a Pickup Locationpickup locations.
- Pickup Appointments Mode: Determine if appointments should be displayed and if they should be required.
- Appointment Duration: Set the duration for your pickup appointments. This will determine when users can schedule their appointments (e.g. hourly intervals).
- Appointment limits: Determine how many customers can select the same pickup time before it becomes unavailable.
- Default Business Hours: Determine when customers can pick up orders.
- Common Public Holidays: Set fixed dates when pickup will not be available. Holidays that change date must be reset each year.
- Default Lead Time: Set the amount of time that must pass between when the customer checks out and when they can first pickup their order.
- Lead Time Calculation: Set how to calculate lead time:
- Count only open hours. Calculates the first available pickup date/time considering business hours and holidays. (See more on this setting)
- Count calendar days. Ignores business hours and holidays.
- Default Deadline: Set the deadline for when a customer must pick up their order. You can leave this at zero to enforce no deadline.
Price & Tax
You can determine whether pickups should incur a fee or discount and how taxes should be handled for pickup orders.
- Default Price Adjustment: Determine if pickup should charge a fee or provide a discount. You can override this setting for individual Create a Pickup Locationpickup locations.
- Pickup Location Tax: Check to apply the tax rate based on the pickup location, not the customer’s address.