Set up the Outlook Migration Assistant (Windows)
If you're migrating your email and use Outlook 2010 or later on Windows, you can install the Outlook Migration Assistant tool to help your migration go more smoothly. It automatically sets up Outlook, creates a new Office 365 profile and moves local data. (What is the Outlook Migration Assistant?)
After you've started your migration, you'll receive an email asking for your permission to access your account so we can complete the migration service.
- From your confirmation email, click Start to confirm we have your permission to proceed. This should open the Outlook Migration Assistant page.
- In the Windows PC: row, click Download for Windows PC.
- After the Outlook Migration Assistant is installed, open the program and click OK, Let's Go.
- Enter Email Address, Password and select Next Step.
- Select Minimize, Outlook Migration Assistant will complete its task and run in the background until your move is complete. You can continue using your email as normal while the program is running.
After your migration is done, you'll receive a confirmation email with instructions for next steps.
- The fastest way to use your new email address is by signing into Outlook for Web.
- After your migration is complete, you'll need to add your Office 365 email address to your devices again.