Upload files to a website in my Linux Hosting account
To upload files to a website in your Linux Hosting account, here's how to get to the cPanel File Manager from your account Dashboard.
- Tip: Need to upload a lot of files? Create a ZIP file, upload it to your account, and unzip it there.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, select Manage.
- In the Account Dashboard, in the Websites section, for the website where you want to place the files, select and then select File Manager.
By default, File Manager will upload your files to the root directory for the website. In this screenshot, the root directory is
/public_htmlas shown on the File Manager page:
Note: The root directory for your website might be different depending on your setup (
/public_html/mycoolsubdomain.comfor example), but if you've followed these steps so far, File Manager will upload your files to the website root directory unless you choose a different location.
- (Optional) If necessary, select a different directory in the directory tree.
- Select Upload.
- Select Select file to browse to the file you want to upload, select the file and then select Open to upload the file immediately. You can also drag-and-drop multiple files into the box to upload them.
- If you uploaded a ZIP file, here's how to unzip it in your account.
- To upload a website for a secondary or add-on domain, verify your website's root directory before you upload the files.