Upload files to my Linux Hosting account
To upload files to your Linux Hosting account, here's how to get to the cPanel File Manager from your account Dashboard.
- Tip: Need to upload a lot of files? Create a ZIP file, upload it to your account, and unzip it there.
Note: Need help from a GoDaddy Guide? On our Contact Us page, click Chat Now for guidance 24/7.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the top left-hand corner of the account Dashboard, select File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager, use the directory tree to select the destination folder, and then click Upload.
Note: cPanel uses
public_htmlas the root directory of your primary domain name's website. If you want to upload your website to the internet, this is where you should start.
- Click Select file to browse to the file you want to upload, and double-click the file to upload it immediately. You can also drag-and-drop multiple files into the box to upload them.
- If you uploaded a ZIP file, here's how to unzip it in your account.
- To upload a website for a secondary or add-on domain, verify your website's root directory before you upload the files.