Why did the Verification Office contact me?
The Verification Office consists of a team of experts who review transactions for suspicious activity. Accounts may be selected at random by the Verification Office as a precautionary measure to defend you from possible misuse of either your payment method or products in your shopper account.
The Verification Office may attempt to contact customers via phone or email to confirm recent account activity. This is a precautionary step taken as a security measure to defend you, our valued customer, from online predators and identify theft.
If your account has been selected for verification, your account may be locked until it is authenticated. Please note that Customer Support cannot bypass this verification request. Phone inquiries will be directed to provide the requested documentation through this process.
- The next time you log in, our secure site will prompt you to upload a viewable, scanned copy of the payment method account holder’s government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- If you are unable to log into your account to send the requested documentation, or experience issues using the upload form after logging in, you may reply to the email sent to you by the Verification Office and attach a scanned image (under 1 MB in size) to your response.
- Upon receipt of the requested documentation, the Verification Office will re-evaluate the status of your account. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
Your information is safe with us!
Your documentation will be safely delivered directly to our verification team, and handled in a secure environment.
- To contact the Verification Office, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to report payment fraud, please see How can I report fraudulent charges?.