You can enable SSH in your Managed WordPress account. SSH is a secure method of connecting to your hosting account to upload files, move files, and execute commands with the Linux command line.
Note: SSH access is only available for Deluxe, Ultimate, Developer, and Pro plans for Managed WordPress. SSH access is not available for Managed WordPress Basic plans.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress Websites, click Manage All.
- In the WordPress Sites list, click the three-dot icon for the site and select Settings.
- For Deluxe, Ultimate, or Developer plans: In the Settings section, click the SSH switch so it reads Enabled. You're done!
For Pro plans (available U.S.A. and Canada only), in the Settings section, next to SFTP/SSH access click Manage and continue with the next step.
- Click the SFTP/SSH Access switch to turn it On.
- Enter a New Password, and then click Complete Setup. When we're done, note your Hostname, Username, and Password - you'll use these credentials to log in to other applications (like FileZilla or phpMyAdmin) for other tasks.
- Now that SSH is enabled, you can connect to your Managed WordPress account with SSH, by using your SFTP credentials.