Set up my Generation 4 server
Here's how to set up your Generation 4 server with its server name and other administrative info.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, click Servers, and next to the server you want to use, click Manage.
- Enter a name for your server in the Server name field.
- Select an OS and data center location (if available) and then click Next.
Note: For self-managed servers: learn more about ISPConfig.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Finish.
Field Description Admin Username Create a username to log in to your server. Use a lowercase string of 5 to 12 characters in length. Don't use reserved words like "server" or "password." Password & Confirm Password Enter a password to log in to the server.
- Enable root or admin access to my Generation 4 server
- If server events are "stuck," you may need to unblock port 2224.
- Here's how to create a cPanel account in WebHost Manager.